Connect With Us

Fairfield County Chamber of Commerce

Good Afternoon,
I believe everyone should be aware that tomorrow, April 3rd, is the first day that businesses and non-profit organizations will be able to apply for the Paycheck Protection Program funds. Self-employed and independent contractors will be eligible to apply on Friday, April 10th. This is the program that was passed on March 27th to help small businesses (less than 500 employees) get through this uncertain time. The main focus of this program is to aid businesses in keeping their employees on the payroll.

Here is a basic info sheet for better understanding of the program:

Borrowers are encouraged to apply through an SBA approved lender, preferably the bank you normally do business with. Here is some information important to the borrower:

Here is the application to be filled out before going to the banks(note: the SBA has shortened the normal loan application into this 4 page application to help simplify the process for the borrowers:

Established businesses are encouraged to prepare for the loan as if you are going to get a normal business loan. You will need to have 2019 tax returns if possible. For newer businesses, have as much info as possible to support the expenses of your business.

For these loans to be forgivable, 75% of the funds applied for must be used for payroll expenses. The other 25% can be used for rent/interest on mortgage, utilities, and other small expenses. These funds should not be used for inventory costs. This will show you some other guidelines, as well as how to calculate the amount of the loan you should request:

Here is the information for applying for funds through Fairfield County Lending Organizations (You should apply for loans through your current business lender company):

First Citizens Bank/Winnsboro: The First Citizens bank is currently limited to drive-thru service, but to apply for a loan, they will be making scheduled appointments. Call 803.635.4617 to schedule your appointment.
Wells Fargo/Winnsboro: For information about how to apply for the PPP loan, contact Tyrone Guyton at 803.635.5896. Tyrone handles the business loans for this branch.
South State Bank/Winnsboro: Call the local branch for more info on how to apply: 803.635.5589
All South Federal Credit Union/Winnsboro: Call their local branch to see if you are able to apply: 803.736.3110

If your current bank isn't a current SBA Approved lender, contact another, preferably local, lending institution.

The lending organizations are asking for your patience with this process. There are still some details to be worked out to navigate through this process. The process starts by filling out the application, contacting your local lender, and making sure your accountant has the financial information you will need readily available.

Lastly, the Fairfield County Chamber of Commerce is here to help you in anyway we can with this process. Contact me, via email: or call the office: 803.635.4242

Please continue to keep our world, nation, and community in your prayers as we all work together to get through this challenging time.

Gene Stephens

Posted on April 2nd, 2020.

« All News & Info

Municipal Information

Ridgeway Town Hall
Ridgeway Water Dept

170 South Dogwood Avenue
Post Office Box 24
Ridgeway, SC 29130
Town Clerk (803) 337-2213
MTTF; 8:30-4, Wed; 8:30-1:00

Connect With Us

Latest Videos